Wednesday 15 June 2016

Book Review: "Catching Jordan" (Hundred Oaks #1), Miranda Kenneally

Catching Jordan
Goodreads * Amazon UK * Amazon

Book summary:  What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though–she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.
But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?
I didn't expect a lot of this book. I picked it up because it was all over goodreads and had a cute cover. And I have to admit: I LOVE CUTE COVERS.

Catching Jordan tells the story of a girl called Jordan Woods who plays american football in her highschool. She's the captain. She's never dated or even kissed a guy. Now she's finding herself in a confusing world of love after the new guy came to her school. And her team.

I really liked Jordan. It was nice to see her journey changing from tough tomboy into a girl who knows what she wants. I loved her relationship with her teammates: Sam Henry, JJ and Carter. I also liked the family plot where her Dad, NFL player, struggled to accept that his daughter plays a dangerous sport.

What I really liked about this book is... dialogues. Thanks to them it was fast paced and realistic. The part I didn't quite get was Jordan's journal. And all the sex-hooking up drama because for me teenagers and sex don't and shouldn't really mix.

Overall I truly enjoyed the book and I'll for sure read some more of this series.






No comments:

Post a Comment